any one ever feel like leaving cafemom?

I try to help people and I post honest questions . I am so sick of mean nasty people responding. I just posted a legitimate question and gee the nasties came out and even started with the troll word. I answered a question once about how can you be sure someone is a troll and so many people said you can WELL you CAN"T and I just experienced it. It sucks that these people have to act like this. I am sure this will get them all worked up but other than my groups I doubt that I want to come on the ask and answer part of cafemom again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Once in awhile,yeah

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• sometime i feel like canceling my account but i just dont listen to what they have to say sometimes some poeple are mean & i do get sad but that wont stop me from staying on here just dont worry about it you shouldnt care what people say
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My mom and dad always said:

Don't Run from your problems, that will make you weak, and what you believe in Weak. Face them head on.

The more people stop posting and give up the more power the mean ones have... Forget them, I am here, and if I ever sounded mean forgive me because by all means, I didn't mean it..... :)

I hate people being rude and stuff, but I am not going anywhere, I hope no one else will too... Stick in their.....
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Aw! I am sorry that you thinking about leaving. I've been here for 5 years. I enjoy cafemom alot. I've met some really nice ladies in real life. How long have you been here? I don`t usually answer questions about religion, politics or parenting because all those are super hot topics. We are all different and I respect that about others. I had a question about parenting, got some good feedback and worked it out.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes i have, I have asked a few very important questions, some of which were concerning the safety of my child. And even then, i was called a troll. I was very hurtful to come on here with expectations of getting some help from fellow mothers & instead, getting bashed left & right.

I give honest answers from the heart. If you ever have any important questions you need answered, you can always PM me. I will help you out. Us nice moms need to stick together ya know?
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:05 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have been on here for about a year. I too had to learn the "hot topic" buttons and I have tried to give good helpful responses not in a mean negative way. Because we all are different I try to give advise in a nice way and if I feel that something is too much for me and I just want to open a can on them, I DON'T answer it. It just seems that some days you just get pounded by people. Today is just one of those days - posting a question that already had me upset and asking about it and being called a troll and people acting like it was not real really bothered me. (It wasn't a crazy question either)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I've never considered leaving CM or the Q&A section. All the goodness of CM as a whole way over-shadows that of the negative you will find here in the Q&A. I am long past letting the "snarkies" get to me. They aren't out to make you feel better. They are out to make themselves feel better. They are pretty much like my EX. He always had to make someone look bad so he looked better. That's about how the "snarkies" are. I give honest answers & opinions here. I don't get snarky or hateful. I don't mind a healthy debate. But, I don't go for snarky bashing. I try to keep in mind that there are moms of ALL ages here. Not all of us have been raising kids for 34 years! Newer moms tend to have questions that some of us think are "basic". Some more experienced moms forget that we are all at different points in our Mom-hood. Chin up. Don't let the "snarkies" get the best of ya!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No not really. People are mean on purpose because they sit behind a keyboard. I do not know who you are but don't let them win. Hang around and ignore the negative nellies. The positive ladies far outnumber the negative ones.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Most definitely yes. I will probably be leaving soon because it's no longer the supportive, speak your mind without judgment place it was when I first started. I really wish there was a way to weed out the naysayers and troublemakers.
    Anonymous

• No, I never consider leaving. The positives far outweigh the negatives here for me. When someone is rude, tell 'em to kiss your ass, and then just move on. Everybody sucks, everywhere--any website or in real life, you're going to have to deal with people you don't like.

For what it's worth, I think there are an awful lot of people on cafemom slinging the Troll term around when they actually don't even really understand what it means.

Sorry you've had a bad day.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011