Sister drama... grrrr.. super long..

Ok, I have never had a "Great" relationship with my step sister. My mom and my sister moved in with her and her dad when we were 11 and 12.. she was 8.. Her dad ( my stepdad) had full custody because her mom didn't want to have it. Well, her mom married a very wealthy man and basically ended up only buying her love throughout the years.. buying her name brand clothes/brand new car at 16, a 300k house at 20 -well of course that had built up some resentment throughout the years but she is not a mean person so it wasn't really that much resentment really.. well, my sister had a baby when she was 23 - I was and have been fully involved in my nieces life, my step sister - not at all - I had a son at 29 who is 3 years old now and she has made zero attempt as an aunt either the whole time..besides showing up at holidays ( late always !! ) and she's made it to 1/2 of all of our birthdays.. on this past Sunday, she stopped at my mom and my stepdads house completely upset that WE aren't involved in her life and she's tried a million times to be a part of my sons life and I refuse and she feels so left out etc.. she recently got married in August and I think they are talking about having kids and now is feeling guilty that if she does have a child, WE won't be involved or the parents won't be as involved because she hasn't made an effort.. first, we would NEVER be that way to any child she has.. we would not punish a child because she is selfish but what bothers me most is instead of being an adult and at least taking SOME responsibility for her past actions or future family interaction, she blames everyone else.. I talked to my mom about it, and my sister and my sister are more than willing to talk to her all 3 girls and see how we can become a family again and how to make this work.. now SHE won't return my texts or either of our calls.. I am so mad.. How does someone bitch and complain that they are feeling left out, then not make any attempts to correct it when its HER issues in the first place...grrrrrrr..... like I said, the resentment is gone and I think she truly isn't a mean/bad person... but now I can't stop being pissed that she won't even respond when technically, I don't feel right about her approach to this anyway... sorry, maybe more of a vent than anything ....

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 10:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Attention Drama Queen!!! That's all she is and I would not play in her hands at all. If she wanted to be apart of the family, who's standing in her way but herself??? She's a grown woman, capable of making decisions for herself and she choose to be apart of the family when she wanted to...therefore let her wallow in her own drama!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Go to her house and speak too her, it honestly could be a miss and catch thing....

It sounds like you guys love one another but the communication is lacking...

Go for it... Good luck!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• be the better person the adult go to her house if she is not there leave a note...send cards or pic's even if she doesnt do it back...so this way she cant say you didnt try....hope this help..if u need to talk u know where to find me..lol
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 12:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• She sounds like she enjoys causing some drama, and honestly if she was really all that 'left-out' you would think she would jump at the chance to "finally" be included and that she would return phone calls/texts asap! I would contact her one more time and say "you know having a family relationship is a TWO way street, where BOTH people have to communicate and get along to make it work. I have left messages and you either did not get them or are 'ignoring' me-- which is very petty and childish. So IF you want to be part of the family you have to do your part as well-- and that means showing up on time to family functions, returning calls and such."
    Anonymous