Asylum

Do abandoned Insane Asylums peak your fascination? If so, whats the creepiest thing you have experienced or watched via internet?

MKSers

Asked by MKSers at 11:17 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• In Waltham, MA there is an abandoned insane asylum. It belongs to "mclean hospital", which is located across the street now, they built a new hospital. I have no idea why this insane asylum was shut down, but it's still there & you can walk throught he woods to get there. I used to go there with my camera & take pics. It was really sad, they had a cemetary with just numbers on the tomb stones. No names, it was creepy. I remember finding a room where they used to strap people to the walls. Not sure for what reason, but they had straps on the walls that looked like they were to strap peoples hands down. It has been about 10 years since i have been there as i don't live in the Boston area anymore. But, yes....it was super-duper creepy. Especially the childrens ward. There were still toys left in the rooms. All the buildings are connected by underground tunnels too. I'll try to dig up some info about it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:30 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Ooo... Yes, the thought of exploring one is excitingly creepy!
    I don't know of any locally, and didn't know I can experience anything of the sort online.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:31 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The creepiest thing I experienced wasn't on t.v. but in real life. I live on an indian reservation in AZ and there is a myth of a devil like creature in the desert. I was camping and I went off to use the restroom and as I was finishing I heard something in the bushes ahead of me. I pulled up my pants and picked up my flashlight and shined it out there and I saw something with hooves and a man's face but he looked deformed. I swear if I didn't just pee I would have right then. I screamed my head off and it darted out of sight and I ran back to the campsite and they told me it was the devil that is in the desert. He likes to capture souls. It may be just a myth but I swear I saw him that night.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 11:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Samurai chica, I'm not sure how long the asylum is abandoned, but I believe in the 80s a bunch where shut down due to budget cuts, and the residents just released to the streets whether they had somewhere to go or not.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• wow, found it. This is where we used to run around & take photo's as teens. There are security walking around, so you kind of have to dodge them when going here. This place is super creepy & loaded with bad spirits. Check out this link, you will appreciate it.

http://www.opacity.us/site20_metropolitan_state_hospital.htm

Here is the childrens center

http://www.opacity.us/site189_gaebler_childrens_center.htm

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:34 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Mine was in real life too...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:35 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i guess the childrens ward has been demolished in 2010. I'm glad...that place should not exist anymore...too creepy...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I watch you tube videos people do of there adventures thru them. The only thing vie come close to is as a teenager there is an abandoned hospital set back in woods. It has a creepy iron gate entrance. Inside was very strange. There was this chamber that was very small. It had a bench to sit in it. The two windows on it were double panes. We never could figure out what it was for. Something for children by the size of it. They had a room stacked floor to ceiling of x-rays. Old timey iv and hospital beds.
    MKSers

Comment by MKSers (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sorry for my thousand posts...here is a creepy story of a fellow who survived the childrens ward at this hospital that's been abandoned.

http://www.madpride.org/VFC10GaeblerHellandBack.htm

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:38 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• spooky MK....hospitals need to be demolished the minute they're abanodoned...LOL! I wish i could have taken you to this place, you would have really appreciated it. There were morgue rooms & everything....& yes..we would roam that place at night sometimes. I was nuts, don't think i could do that now...LOL!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2011