can't find definate answers online so was curious

if any women drank before they found out they were pregnant and baby was ok? i drank about a couple wks ago. that is the only time but i got pretty wasted and sick from the drinking. i had 2 full glasses of wine but it was strong. i just found out yesterday and i had my last period on dec 12 so not to far along at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i have had that happen with all three pregnancies and my oldest two came out perfectly fine, this one so far shows no signs but we wont know til after birth. I got drunk one time before finding out but at that point i would have only been 3 or 4 weeks along and the dr. said that the possibility of it affecting him is almost 0.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 11:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Same thing happened to me and my son is fine. Obviously, don't drink again.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:23 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I did. My baby was healthy. Alot of women who weren't expecting the pregnancy have probably gone through this. You may have gotten so sick because of the pregnancy. If it just happened once you're probably okay. If it helps, call your doctor and explain the situation. I'm sure it hasn't been the first time he's been asked that.
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I had a friend drink at a party before she new she was pregnant, and her baby turned out just fine :) as soon as she found out she stopped drinking.
    Hope99

Answer by Hope99 at 11:25 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't know I was pregnant and drank 2 weekends in a row - it happens.. good luck and congrats!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I had 3 beer on the day I found out. I even had a glass of wine every week for the entire pregnancy. She was just fine and is even further along that the other children in her daycare...she's 3
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Just dont do it again....It will all be ok. This happens to alot of people.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:27 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Well, we had a party and I drank a punch made of Everclear. A couple weeks later we found out I was pregnant with my oldest. Believe me when I say I was worried! OB said no worries, everything will be fine, everything was fine, and everything is just fine.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 11:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Alot of women drink before they found out that they are pregnant I have known several and those babies turnd out fine...I couple of glasses of wine isn't really binge drinking either :) so your babe should be ok...congrats! so exciting to find out a little one is on the way!
    pregoagain2010

Answer by pregoagain2010 at 11:28 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• well we were trying but hadn't had luck and then i even told my hubby i shouldn't drink i might be pregnant even though i didn't believe it myself. surprise i was. thanks i feel better now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Jan. 13, 2011