My dd wont take breast milk out of a sippy cup?

I Exclusively pump all my milk and my dd is 11 months old! she gets 2 bottles during the day time that i would like to switch to sippy cups! i put her milk in the sippy and she just takes a sip and hands it back to me like she doesnt want it! but if i put it in a bottle she drinks it in 30 seconds flat! She gets the bottles around the same time everyday! and she has taken water out of a bottle before when she was sick and didnt know how to use the sippy right yet! she takes water in a sippy now and does great with it! any ideas on how to switch her to milk in a sippy??

Caroline2010

Asked by Caroline2010 at 11:42 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just give it and nothing else. It's part of change. She is resisting.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• They have those Nuby brand sippy cups, that have the soft top. That is what we used when switching from bottle to sippy...and then eventually introduced the hard top sippys. Once my son was 12-14 mo I cut the bottles out completely. My daughter was 12 months almost exactly. But, the nuby ones really helped. Just keep to your guns, it is a change for her..and she probably wont like it at first...
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011