i had my first fight ever with my sister.

my 5 month daughter has six ounces of formula every 4 hours and then one jar of baby food just before bed. i told this to my older sister who was taking my daughter to sleep over for the night. she brought her home yesterday night and this morning she woke up a bit early for breakfast so i texted my sister and asked her if she only fed her the baby food just before bed. she said "no i gave it to her for breakfast and lunch too. thats what i did with my girls" her daughters are pre teens now, she was only able to have 2 kids for health reasons and has always been upset about it. i texted her quoting what i said the previous night and she was like "are you mad cause thats ridiculous. thats how i fed my girls" newsflash to her. shes MY daughter and i don't want her eating that much baby food. its not even the baby food its the fact that she justifies it by saying thats what she did with her kids. shes a great aunt and sister and she loves my daughter to death. idk should i apologize?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't apologize but let it go. She is nice to help you. I have learned over the years that when ppl help out you have to let them do it their way. You said your peace. Let it go but don't apologize because you should be able to express how you feel.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• lol, I was just thinking,,,I would have needed your directions to a T. I have teens but all that stuff has been erased from my brain over the years. I dont think you need to apologize, but just know if you take your baby to sis, you can pretty much count on the fact that shes gonna do it her way
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 11:55 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Just let her know that you would prefer to feed your daugther your way and ask that she respect it. Then tell her you dont want to make an issue out of it and let it go
    maybaby22

Answer by maybaby22 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Apologize. You may have overreacted. In the grand scheme of life - your child had two extra jars of baby food. Otherwise, you said it - your sister's great, she loves your child and moreover she loves you. You could start a great big war about how awful this was that she did this, it's your child, she's rotten for feeding her kids like that, et cetera, et cetera, but is it worth it? I HATE when my stepmother gives my kids soda when they stay at her house. As much as I tried to change it, eventually I had to realize that the positives outweighed the negatives by a landslide, and it wasn't worth it. It just wasn't worth it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i need to mention to the first poster that she wasn't "helping me" she asked if my daughter could sleep over. she is not the kind of baby you need help with. she's a phenomenal 10 hour straight sleeper and the only time ive ever heard her cry is in the hospital when she was born. shes fun, playful, talkative. when she wakes up in the morning she just plays quietly in her crib til someone hears her and comes to feed her. she is not trouble and i have a hard time letting her stay the night at my sisters or other families cause she's so fun
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I don't understand u. Why would u let your 5 month old out of your sight for a night? I would not even think of doing that. Since when does a 5 month old go to sleepovers?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• because she has other family who love her an want to take care of her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i let her sleep over my sisters and over her grandmothers and no i'm not a bad parent for letting her be with her family for one friggin night
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You aren't a bad parent at all. It's normal to let other family members bond with your child, and it gives you some time to yourself for a wee bit.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• thank you amy :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Do NOT apologize!!! She is YOUR baby and you should be parenting her how YOU want to, unless it is damaging the baby. Honestly, giving a 5 month old baby food twice a day sounds like too much to me, too. I would tell my sister that she is YOUR baby and YOU make the decisions for her, not her. She did a wonderful job with her children, I'm sure, but they were her children to decide what to do with. This is YOUR baby and you are the parent. If it doesn't sink in tell her no more unsupervised visits until she can understand your point of view ( and doesn't just do it behind your back because she secretly thinks she did a better job parenting her kids than you are doing with yours ).
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011