Pregnant and Going on Job Interviews???

I am currently 3 months pregnant and have a few job interviews lined up right now. I had to give my two weeks notice at my other job because it was not safe for my health, especially during pregnancy. I was a TSS worker and went into homes of children with learning disabilities and behavior disorders. These homes created dangerous situations that I did not want to put myself in. Anway, I'm going on job interviews this week and wanted to know if I should tell the employers about my pregnancy??? Any thoughts???

lyndsey1788

Asked by lyndsey1788 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Legally u have to tell them,They can fire u for not telling them.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No I wouldn't
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think you have to dislose this info, specially being 3months pregnant. They can fire you for not telling them.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• no. never tell a potential employer you are pregnant up front because they will not want to hire you seeing as you will need time off. let them know after you've had the job a few weeks
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Where are you getting your info from? They absolutely 100% canNOT fire you for not telling them. It is, however, illegal for them to ask you if you are pregnant or if you have children or anything like that. If you want the job, do not tell them you are pregnant.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I thought that they can not legally ask you if you are pregnant..... So how would they be able to fire you for not telling?
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Since your getting so many mixed answers the best thing you can do is check into the law and find out for sure,,,then let us know. I always thought you had to legally disclaim things like this.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If they don't ask, I would not tell. Legally they can't not hire you for that reason, but I am sure many might anyway. They legally cannot fire you for being pregnant if you do get hired.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You can tell them or not, its your choice, but they are going to notice eventually :) I would tell them to keep the air clear, and just expect that if they don't hire you because of it, they wouldn't have been very supportive of you taking time off for your baby anyway.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• She is 3 months pregnant!! U legally have tell the employer!! They can't ask u but, u have to tell them!! Got Syphon and Charis76!! I have lawyers in my family and u have a legal obligation to disclose it! She is going to need 6 weeks off in 6 months!! Any employer would not appreciate her being sneaky about her pregnancy!!
    Anonymous