Y!!!???

i was confiding in my grandma (who is like my mother since shes raised me) about things in my marriage and what not. I tell her everything and its not unusual for me to vent to her and get advice from her. but yesterday i told her something and it was the same old something I tell her every day lol... (my husbands video game addiction is pissing me off) about an hr after hanging up i was getting calls and text messages from cousins and my sisters asking me if i was leaving my my hubby.

Now there was another time something similar like this happened. i was 17 and i had done something stupid which i informed her about. 10min after i told her i come out of my room and shes got my aunt on the phone who is very good at being messenger. i have yet to live down the foolish mistake i made.

so finally here is my question. my grandma has proven to me she has a blabber mouth but i always feel like i need someone to talk to and she pops in my head first. should i continue talking to her about things or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• You know and admit she blabs everything, and you don't like it when she does.
    Why would you even consider continuing to talk to he about stuff you don't want spread around?
    Sounds to me like you need try to make a friend to confide in. What about one of your sisters or cousins?
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• MAybe filter what you talk to her about. You know don't give all the details but enought to get things off your chest.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 12:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• if you want her to tell everyone else, then yes. Chances are she is going to keep blabbing. I know it's hard... maybe you should find another confidant. Don't stop talking to her, but maybe leave out the sensitive details. Good luck!
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 12:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would be careful from now on what you tell your Grandma . I know sometimes I feel I need to talk to somebody and I find praying about whats on my mind helps. I have you let your Grandma know that what you open up to her about you would like it kept between just the two of you?
    Hope99

Answer by Hope99 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• As a blabbermouth myself I say don't tell her (or anyone else for that matter) anything you don't want the world to know. Those wise words came from my mom. It's not her fault you told her something that she obviously thought you needed support for.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You're going to need to filter what you say to your grandma or everyone is going to know about it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• thank you all for ur advice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Talk to her about it tell her what you know-honesty is the best policy and it will help you as well. You dont want to be on bad terms with grandma maybe in her on way she was looking for her own answers to help you dont judge!
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011