What are your thoughts....

I'm a SAHM running a home daycare...On other kid's birthday my mom's bring gifts here for other kid's..when it's my kid's birthday no gift's...I told my mom's to not do this in front of my kid's as it hurts there feelings & they should do their gift exchange by themselves at their own house...Was i in the rigth or should I have just left alone...

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Birthdays are celebrations to be made with friends and family, not the daycare community. They need to take their kids home and do this, and if they want the daycare kids there, they need to throw a party and invite them.
    New rule at your daycare:
    Keep all gift exchanges to your own personal time and space. If they want to share with the kids, bring cupcakes or something.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think you are in the right. Why would they want to do it at day care anyways? I guess I kind of find that odd.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 12:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wow really? Yeah thats on there time not yours.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• super rude/weird of them (not you!) you're 100% in the right. Just make an addendum to your house rules and policies that if you're bringing something in please bring enough to share with everyone or don't bring anything at all.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You are in the right....
    I know my DD's elementary school asked parents to not pass out B-day invites because kids were getting hurt feelings and parents were complaining.
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011