Scared!!

I have been having a problem with having to clear my throat all the time and last night I coughed up blood, just blood then alittle while later I coughed up a mucus that had blood in it more pink in color. I called the doctor and they want to see me TODAY. I am so nervous!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• You are fine. If it were TB you wouldn't have mucus. It's probably throat cells, you likely have something throat irritating. A cold maybe? You should be fine, but soon your doctor will have news for you.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 12:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I will pray for u. They will probably want to do an upper G I if that is the case,u need to be driven there and home again.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• try and relax and be calm. If you're still freaking out call and see if you can go in early to your appt. the sooner you know the better. Plan for the best, which is just irritation and you'll be OK. Good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Don't over react. Just go see what's up. It could be simple.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It is usually just a scratch in your throat that makes you cough blood like that.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It is probably just an irritation. It could be a scratch or something like that. You are doing the right think by having it checked out. Be concerned but do not be scared.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Hang in there. Try not to worry now, b/c the doc will tell you if you have to worry, and if you do, you can do it then! No use wasting up all your worry now lol! Plus of course there is a good chance it's nothing to worry about anyway - and what a waste THAT would be if you worried now! Wait til you know, then you can stress. In the meantime, find something to occupy your mind and body, and for goodness' sake DON'T go google your symptoms! I have learned that you can google ANY symptom and end up reading about a terminal disease!!!!!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Anon, I am telling you from my years as an MA in an urgent care that a scratch can make you cough up a little blood. It's a fact. I'm not saying that's what this is, but more often than not it's NBD.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 12:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• And for anon (7th answer):

Um... yeah, usually scratches make you bleed. That's how a scratch works. Have you ever scratched your arm? Or your leg? Did it ever bleed? Yep. THAT's how it works. Go google "the mechanics of scratching your skin" or something.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What!!! A scratch makes u cough up blood!! Yeah right!! Give me a break!
    Anonymous