Anyone get pregnant using home insemination kit?

Hi ladies! I am 25 years old, dh is 26. We have been ttc baby # 1 for 2 years. I have high prolactin and dh has an "ok" count. We have done 2 IUIs with no success. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I have normal cycles every month. I do ovulate on my own but started clomid days 3-7. I also drink red raspberry leaf tea. I purchased a home insemination kit along with preseed. Have anyone use this method? Were u successful. I pray everyday for a positive test one day.

Prayforblessing

Asked by Prayforblessing at 12:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• This is typically pointless for couples who are able to have sex. The penis deposits the sperm in the same place the the suringe with.

A friend of mine did do this. You have to chart for two months before you do it so you know EXACTLY how many fertile days you have because it's very important to do the insemination on the last fertile day (when you ovulate).

Have you checked into having your DH take Fertility Blend (http://www.fertilityblend.com/)? It's CLINICALLY PROVEN to work and can help with sperm count, quality and mobility.

Anonymous

• I have done everything u suggested. Didnt work.
    Prayforblessing

Comment by Prayforblessing (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• How long did he take the Fertility Blend before being retested?
    Anonymous

• about 3 months.
    Prayforblessing

Comment by Prayforblessing (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Well I'm sorry that didn't work for you. It really worked well for a friend of our who had a low sperm count.

How long have you been charting? Are you charting cervical mucus, cervical position and BBT (ALL of them)?

Unfortunately artificial insemination typically placed the sperm in the exact same place the penis done. It places it right outside the cervix just like the penis.

Anonymous

• Also wanted to add that IUI and "traditional artificial insemination" are a little different from each other. Chances are if the IUI didn't work the AI is less likely to work. :(
    Anonymous

• I don't agree with the above when you have an IUI done by a RE they put the sperm past the cervix. I had it done.... Not the same as having sex. Swimmer don't have to swim as far....

Good Luck
    christinato

Answer by christinato at 1:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Christinanto...

IF YOU READ WHAT I WROTE....I said that IUI and Artificial insemination are DIFFERENT because THEY ARE. WIth IUI they DO put the sperm past the cervix. With "traditional artificial insemination" (PARTICULARLY WHEN IT IS DONE AT HOME) the sperm in placed at the cervical openign!!!!!

I NEVER ONCE said that IUI was the same as having sex. I DID say that artificial insemination is BECAUSE IT IS!
    Anonymous