How do you figure how many months pregnant you are?

If you are in your 6th month of pregnancy do you say you're "6 months pregnant"? Or are you only 5 months pregnant because you've only completed 5 months of pregnancy? If that's the case, then are you never really "9 months pregnant"? I've had one kid and am on my second and this still confuses me. lol

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its very confusing since pregnancy is 9 calendar months but 40 weeks... i always make people tell me in weeks since i can never tell how far along they are when they say it in months.

for me i count a new month every month on the day i'm due... so if if i were due august 13th i would say i was 2 months just so there wouldnt be confusion
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Go by weeks instead. Check for calendar months with 5 weeks and figure that in.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I believe it is when you are in the 6th month, you are 5 months, because you've only completed 5 full months.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If it is number 2, you can say 5 or 6.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I do go by weeks but sometimes people get irritated when I tell them I'm 24 weeks. Especially men. lol They're like, "Sooo...how many months is that." lol I honestly can't figure it out and I'm not a dumb person. I have a Bachelor's degree and still can't figure out how many months pregnant I am. So ridiculous! lol
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 1:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I like that, pookipoo! Maybe I'll go with that.
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011