Now what?

I was over weight, now I think I've developed an eating disorder. I'm dealing with a lot of things right now. I feel like crap all the time... I don't even want to eat. Yesterday I consumed 500 calories all forced down, besides the beer. I lie about having eaten to my husband. I'm by no means waisting away, and I don't really feel like getting professional help - my family would be devastated to have to deal with anymore than we already are. Now what? Have you been here? I keep feeling like maybe I should just eat and get the hell over myself, but then I can't bring myself to do it. I've not eaten yet today, I get sick every time I think about eating sandwiching myself into my clothes. Wow, this sounds effing terrible typed out. God I feel broken, I just want to fix it - and then I wonder if there is anything really wrong. Maybe I'm a drama queen. Tell me I'm not alone, I'm begging you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You really might consider seeking help, especially since you said yourself that you think you've developed an eating disorder.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Be careful about drinking because it also prevents you from feeling hungry. Figure out what you are truly afraid of by eating. Calories, the full feeling, taste, fat, and so on. If you can tell I have been in your shoes. Send me a message if you want some support that is not broad-casted all over the message boards. Hope you feel better and remember that you are not alone. Also note that nothing is so bad in your world that you can't fix :)

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you need help then get it!! Don't worry about what people will think. I think your family would want you to get help, not judge you for it
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i think that going through 'phases' like this is somewhat normal... i know there have been days that i just haven't eaten and didn't feel like it... sometimes 2-3 days in a row... but i just tell myself that i have to eat something, drink lots of water if not eating (or a smoothie or fresh juice) and get over myself... my kids need me to have energy and to be here for them (i have 3 under 3)... so i just get over myself.
    i agree, watch the drinking it could be causing your lack of hungar
    and if it's really bad, then get some help.... you don't need to alert the presses or even your entire family that you are getting help... seek it out, and do this yourself if you need to, if that's what makes you feel better...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I hope you will talk to someone about this.I also feel like I am controlled by food but I can't STOP eating.Good luck to you
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you need the help, or think in any way you need help, then get it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I think you should really talk to someone, you sound like you may be depressed. I am sorry you having issues and I am sorry you seem so sad. Good luck, I hope you find someone to help you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:17 PM on Jan. 16, 2011

• Listen to Jen...she's a smart one!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:06 AM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You need help. NO matter what your family has been through, I am sure they would still want to knwo what is going on with you and help you get through this. You sound incredibly sad and depressed and there are people out there that can help, if you just let them. Please reach out to someone!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:24 AM on Jan. 17, 2011