Go to sleep!

I have two munchkins. a 2yr old and a 4 yr old. i put both down for naps around noon and for some reason my 4 yr old will never fall asleep. but this also happens at bed time. my 2 yr old will fall fast asleep while my 4 yr old stay awake in her bed. i put them down at 8pm. i will clean up, or stay up watching TV and when i go to bed its usually around 10pm. every night before i go to bed i check on my kids and every night my 4yr old is still awake. she has bags under her eyes everyday and i am starting to get more worried. she isn't getting enough sleep and on top of that she isn't a very good eater. what could i do to help her sleep well at night and during the day?

Christieluv0614

Asked by Christieluv0614 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think instead of putting her down for a nap why don't you try putting the 2 yr old down and then sitting with the 4 yr old in your bed and read to her. I know when my kids where 4 they didn't take naps anymore. At night time try putting the 2 yr old down at 8 and letting the 4 yr old stay up til 8:30. Or maybe put the 2 yr old down at 7:30.

If she really isn't sleeping or eating very much and you are super worried then I would call the doctor and see what they say.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Maybe she's phasing out of naps at this point and would sleep better at night with no nap.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Kids go through phases. How long has she been doing this? My son will do great for months and then he will completely change eating and sleeping habbits. Keep a journal you may find some patterns too.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• she has always had issues sleeping. and even when i put her down for a nap, she doesn't fall asleep so when its time for bed i always tell myself that she will fall asleep fast cause she didn't take her nap but she will stay awake. this happens every night. its a constant struggle to get her to go to sleep

Christieluv0614

Comment by Christieluv0614 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Talk to her and see if anything is bothering her some kids just do not sleep for naps . I use to take my son for 2 mile walks along the beach 2-3 hours before his bedtime and make him walk but have his stroller handy . This helps alot because the night air and he loved running up and down the beach with our dog.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011