alright ladies, bear with me as I have not had time to research this nor do I know the details very well. I was curious however, I heard something in school yesterday about how scientists are starting to believe that "dark matter" in space that is unaccounted for could be the "spiritual world" has anyone heard about this? opinions?

Again, I don't know details yet...I'm gonna research it tonight. But a girl in my English class was talking about it and is going to be conducting a research assignment on it and I found it intriguing and was wondering if anyone else had read/heard about that and what their thoughts were?

menko21

Asked by menko21 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I havent heard about it, but keep us posted when you find some info? I would like to read up on it! :)
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Could be anythings possible but i guess we will never really know.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When I get more information I will definitely post a link or something. I haven't had time to research it yet but I plan to tonight or tomorrow.
    menko21

Comment by menko21 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Um, I don't know but I did get a link to a story that says that they now think that anitmatter is created during thunderstorms, so does this mean that the spiritual world is formed in storms?  It's a lot to wrap your brain around!

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2011/01/10/thunderstorms-proven-to-create-antimatter/

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• An interesting thought... I have never heard that before.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think it has to do with hydrogen gas, and black halo's that surround stars and galaxies. DS was discussing this awhile back, that's about all I remember. Not the spiritual world though, just space.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Dark matter is really just a means of explaining the variations between rotations of galaxies and the space between them in the universe etc. While it could be possible it is a collection of atoms and particles that are failing to interact for some reason or another, in general it is merely a "place holder" until we fill the gaps of information. The only time it is used to described cases of "spiritual" realms are in regards to science fiction in which case you have to question the validity of the science behind it as most is done improperly(as in not following the scientific method etc.)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 1:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have not heard of this. It does sound very interesting. :) Please keep me posted on your findings. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What Kristi said. I've never heard anyone suggest dark matter was metaphysical.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2011