How do you know you are ready for baby number 2?

My husband is at the point where he is ready for another baby -I am 33. We had a rough start w/ my only son who is now 2.5 he had to have open heart surgery followed by another surgery a year later...
Although he is healthy now and it's behind us ...my pregnancy will be under a microscope and I am dreading it...so just wondering if any moms out there are happy w/ just one child....and maybe some advice for when to get preganat again...I Am just confused! I am starting to feel "too old" to get preganant again, at 33, I know plenty of moms are older than that...but what are the risks involved?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my mom had me at 34 and as far as i can tell im fine... i think once youre pushing 40 is when you have the most risks
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I just had my last baby at 34. I gained less weight and had a healthy past due baby. At 35, chances increase for problems but it is not by much and does not mean that you will for sure have problems. Even at 40, problems are not guarenteed. I knew a 47 year old who got pregnant with twins, carried them to 38 weeks and all three had no problems! You just decide when and if you are ready to take on the challenge of another baby and pregnancy.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When you know that your heart will allow you to love another child. Don't let the fear of your son's illness keep you from having another child. No matter what you have to stay postivie and know that if it is meant to be then you will have another on. My husband and I tried for two years and now are 18 weeks with twins . God will make a way and you have to stand strong in your faith.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'm 23, My mom had me when she was 35.and I was the 3rd child and, coincidently my Oldest sister who is 16 yrs older than me got pregnant with her 3rd child and when she was 35 years old. and That my nephew will be 3 next month
    Kbp1987

Answer by Kbp1987 at 7:00 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• There is always a reason not to have a kid so to me it isnt a decision that comes from reason it comes from love and passion don't let fear hold you back from your full family potential
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:02 AM on Jan. 14, 2011