what is the best way to get your 9 year old to keep organized?

alyssasmom32

Asked by alyssasmom32 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Id like to know that too!!!
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Some kids stay organized. Some don't. If the nine year old wants to do something, s/he cleans up first. Things will stay neat for half a day tops.
    AnnHah

Answer by AnnHah at 7:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I know for my kids it was making sure they had a place for everything. They cleaned their room with help and we labeled things so they never had to guess were something was. If it does not get put back in the correct place then it is their problem.

As far as school both of my older children have planners and calendars. They put all their school work and projects that are do in these planners. Their after school activities are also put in these so they know what it going on.

Sometimes will all this it still does not work. It is a start but I do believe that they need to take some responsibility for things.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When you find out could you please let me know also and see if it will work for all age groups Please!!!!!!!
    jackieb1023

Answer by jackieb1023 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008