What are some...

quick, easy to grab & eat on-the-go forms of protein? Eggs of any sort are out of the question, and meat isn't always an option. Anything soy is also not an option. Something that also offers iron would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Peanutbutter
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• most any nuts provide ptotien
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Nuts are wonderful. Just don't eat too many. Try looking at the store shelves that carry all the different protein and snack bars. There are some good choices there if you read the labels.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 2:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• avocados = yum. Protein and b12 if you don't consume a lot of red meat. Try bean salad though, kidney beans have good protein and iron. I am a vegetarian, pm if you like.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 1:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• 21lisa - that is a good one, but I don't always have time to make myself a sandwich. I have a funky job and some mornings I literally run out the door and grab a bottle of Gatorade or something. I haven't had time to eat well and my body is telling me I need iron & protein - the iron is easy with a supplement, but the protein is proving harder.

I'm looking for ideas like certain granola bars or nuts or something, stuff I can keep in my vehicle so I always have it handy for when I have a few down-minutes on the road or something, please.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wow - proof I need it - I never thought about protein bars! Yowza. Thanks ladies. The nuts sound good too, and frankly right now, the amount of fat from too many won't bother me (I'm dropping weight too fast working in the cold!).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I keep black bean and sweet potato burritos in the freezer, for on-the-go speedy meals

Answer by rkoloms at 9:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• bananas? or is that potassium?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• what abt milk?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 14, 2011