At what age did you take your Kids camping?

When was the first time you took your kid(s) camping. What did they think of it. Any stories?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• We went camping when our boys were 2 yrs 4 month and the baby was about 4 months. We had a great time and the kids loved it. The next time I went camping the kids were older and we went with a group of other moms. They were 4, 6 and 8. We had a great time then as well. The only time we didn't really have fun was 2 years ago because it rained the first night and was suppose to rain the whole time. We ended up going to a hotel and having a great time.

Good Luck and have fun!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My son went for the first time when he was 8 months. It was fun and he seemed to like it. He has gone at least once a year since then and has had a blast everytime. We camp by the river so he can go fishing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We start when the are very little, usually under a month. We are camping right now. Our kids are a little older now 6,4, and 3 but we will be adding another one soon and will start camping with that one early. Camping is o ur favorite time spent as a family. We are camping down the West coast, it is beautiful.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The twins were about 8 months old. I have another little one and as soon as the weather is back to camping weather she will be camping to. Sorry, no stories that I can think of. Just lots of fun!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We haven't taken ours camping yet but my mom and dad took me and my brother camping when we were little, one picture is of my brother bundled up in a snow suit when he was really little. I would love to go but my hubby works weird hours so we haven't had time.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Just over a year old the first time. We camp at least once a year.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 3:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We camped for the first time this summer (my first time EVER tent camping and I'm in my 30s). The kids were 10, 8 1/2, 7 1/2, 4 and 4 weeks. We were moving across the country and our 2nd night we stayed in an empty campground in a state park in Nebraska. The weather was gorgeous. We set up the tent and the kids ate dinner and just passed out. We didn't put the rain fly on since there was no rain expected and me and hubby laid there under the stars. It was the only night we camped, though. We're all waiting anxiously for the summer so we can plan an actual camping trip. Oh, the kids did camp out in our backyard the weekend before school started. They had a blast.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• When she was 1 yr. old. We set her play pen up in side the tent.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:39 AM on Jan. 14, 2011