How can I get my 4 year old to go poo poo in the potty and not his underwear?

mommy3868

Asked by mommy3868 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• i dont have kids old enough for the potty yet.. but i just asked my mom, she said let him take the underwear and dump it in the potty tellin it bye bye poopy and then let him flush it
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• make him clean himself up after accidents. don't make it a punishment, though. even if he has a fit, stay calm and be soothing and reassuring, eventually, he'll get tired of the mess, and realize that it's easier to go in the potty.
    also, what is going on in your son's world right now? Any recent changes or other odd behaviors? Ask him why he won't poop in the potty. Is he afraid of something? If this doesn't work itself out in a few weeks, check with the pediatrician to be sure nothing else is going on.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:47 PM on Nov. 12, 2008