Does anyone have a child with heart issues?

my son had open heart surgery at 5 days old for a coarctation of the aorta. I am just looking for anyone that maybe has been through the same things.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I haven't personally but I have a nephew with heterotaxy syndrome. My sister is part of my heart mom support groups most on FB.

You can seach Smile4riley on FB or you can go to his web site to read more about him. http://www.smile4riley.com/

Riley is waiting for a heart/double lung transplant he is 2 years old. 

christinato

Answer by christinato at 1:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There are heart mom groups on Cafe mom as well.
    christinato

• well you came to the right place, I have an 11 year old daughter who just had a valve replaced, an artery opened up and a new pacemaker (3rd one) on dec 29th. Doing very well. She had open heart surgery at 6months for 4 holes in the heart and a pacemaker placed a month later. Long journey.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My youngest has a bicuspid aortic valve.

gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 2:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thanks for all of your answers..do any of you know if this is bound to happen in a second pregnancy?
    I am terrified of getting pregnant again and going through the same thing...
    Thanks...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011