a good story

clicky (youtube clip)

An 8-year-old girl is about to suffer a moment of extreme embarrassment that's not of her creation. A woman in the crowd cackles at this moment; not laughs, cackles. You then hear someone "shoosh" those like her during the brief silence. You then hear the crowd pick up the tune in unison.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Video-Hockey-crowd-sings-after-8-year-old-s-nat?urn=nhl-306789

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• It was really nice to hear the crowd pick up. It was really nasty to hear the cackle though. Some people...
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 1:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I watched the video and the girl probably didn't even hear the cackle. In the beginning of the video you see the camera zoom in from the other side of the stadium. While the old witch was rude, I don't think it was heard by the little girl.

I did get chills when the crowd started singing for her. That was sweet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i cant stand when adults like to make children feel bad in anyway. that lil girl did a great job. i would never be able to do what that lil girl did.
    Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 1:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wow! Singing a cappella in a setting like that at her age is amazing! And the way the crowd jumped in with her...I have tears in my eyes. Okay, extra tears. I always cry when someone sings the national anthem.

patriotic

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What a poised little lady! She didn't even flinch. And her voice is beautiful too :)
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 3:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• She did a great job. That cackling lady is just petty.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• That girl has a BEAUTIFUL voice! Her parents must be very proud.
    As for the lady that laughed, maybe she was laughing at whomever dropped whatever made that loud sound.
    When the crowd joined in..that just lifted my heart!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Oh... watched it again.. that loud bang was the sound going out.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Awww...I love when people come together to support a child that like that! :o)

Looks like the girl didn't even get flustered....she was amazing. WHY would someone think the sound going out was FUNNY?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2011