• In the Spotlight:

How can I lose the C-Section Pouch?

I had a c-section September 2009 and the area below my belly button just sags and it reminds me of a fanny pack or a pouch. I have done all kinds of ab and crunch work, videos, ab circle pro, different things but nothing will work that area. I also tried 1-2 hours daily on the treadmill and it wont go away. Does anyone have anything like this and what did they do about it?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 1:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Surgery.
    Anonymous

• Is it skin sagging or fat? If it's fat you could try focusing on lower ab work, planks, bosu ball, leg lifts, there are all sorts of techniques to focus on lower abs. If it is skin, surgery is the only way.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 1:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thank you. Its definitely fat thats sagging and its not like an insance disgusting amount, it can be concealed by every day clothing but I am thinking of summer and that will not be concealed then
    mitchellb

Comment by mitchellb (original poster) at 1:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• leg rolls target specifically that pooch area. you just lie flat on your back with your knees bent and lift your knees to your stomach and then back, touch the ground lightly with your toes and go back up. you'll feel it right in that area. keep knees bent at all times
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thank you, that is super helpful!
    mitchellb

Comment by mitchellb (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have the same thing, I hate it! I'll have to try that exercise
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• as long as it's fat... i have extra skin, which sadly will never go away... then again i just had my 3rd csection 12 days ago... lol! I do the leg lifts described above which really helped the fat... but nothing will get rid of extra skin... i asked them to pull as good as the could on csection #3, so we'll see if their make shift tummy tuck did any good! i'm still swollen so i don't know yet!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I didn't think those went away without surgery. I have a small pouch, from my c-section 5 1/2 years ago. I've done zillions of crunches with no change.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• pnucky crunches do not work much of your abs at all. the abdominals are a HUGE muscle group beginning at the botttom of the rib cage and ending at the pelvis. crunches work the top middle of your abs. a very small section of the core muscle
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Reverse Crunches
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:31 AM on Jan. 14, 2011