Help, tips on keeping order! I have a new baby and twin toddlers. Tips on how to get the most done with a 2 month old!

Some days mylittle one only takes a 2 hour nap w/ little cat naps. I realize I am not going to get the clean house award but im spread so thin I would like to hear ideas, tricks, tips anything to make the most of my time. I've wanted to start exercising and there is just no time since i clean and cook while she is napping. As of right now I can not wake any earlier sine I am getting little sleep as it is. PLEASE BUMP FOR MANY TIPS!

AmyLynn5398

Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• babywearing is definitely a lifesaver. mine falls asleep as soon as i put her in her pouch. if you get a good one, you can do stuff while wearing the baby.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 1:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• SLING. Best thing you can do... you get things done and a little extra exercise from the weight lifting.

PRIORITIZE. If you're really sleep deprived, switch to survival mode... do that which is needed to live. The rest can wait.

15 MINUTES A TASK, NO MORE. Even housework done incorrectly blesses the family.... which leads me to the last best tip...
    FLYLADY.NET. Best organizational techniques I've ever seen.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you have the kids get some sun and play outside they generally sleep better. Schedule out the toddler time. It's easier when the kids are sleeping. As for exercise, I use these strength training cords and they work so well! You don't need a lot of time and very portable. You might not be able to carve out a large chunk of time for urself but 5 or 10 minutes here or there works. By the way things do get easier as the kids grow older. as soon as your babies are two it'll be a little easier. Once they hit three years old it'll be more like hanging out with them. Good luck!
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011