How long did you wait to get a new dog after your dog passed?

we always thought we would get a second dog before Jack would pass but did not have the time since he got sick so fast... the kids are having a rough time (yeah its only been 2 days....)

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• How old are your kids? What about asking them how they feel about it and go from there? You have to be ready to go get a new dog right away though if they say that is what they want...
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2011

• I already had a second dog when my dog passed. I still felt that getting past the pain was easier if I went ahead and got another dog pretty quickly. I always adopt from the shelter, so it's saving a life in honor of the life lost.
    marshsmom

Answer by marshsmom at 2:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• It was a year ago in Nov. since our dog passed, and we don't have a new pet yet. Our kids are starting to ask now for a new dog. Maybe in the summer he will get another dog.

Sorry you lost your pet. :(

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• **We will**
    Christine0813

• The same week. We lost our 16 year old dog in October. He had been sick for a while, we knew he was dying. So the decision to get another dog really quick wasn't too hard. We, too, got a shelter dog.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 2:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'm sorry your dog died. It's a sad thing to go through. I still haven't gotten another dog and mine died more than 5 years ago. Sometimes I think of it but I don't need another living thing to take care of and when we travel we'd have to board the dog. DH isn't fond of that kind of thing so for now all that, with our kids being so young too, we haven't gotten far on the new dog thing.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Our dog passed 3 years ago and we have not gotten a new one.. One we will never be able to replace her and second we would also have to board the dog if we went on vacation etc.. The dog we had was 120pounds and that is what hubby wants again.. I no longer have a vehicle to carry a dog that large..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011