first appointment

k so im 11 weeks pregnant and i didnt ask for an appointment tell i was 8 or 9 weeks pregnant, but my first appointment isnt until december 4th and ill be 14 1/2 weeks pregnant they couldnt find any sooner openings, since its my 2nd baby and so late in the pregnancy would there be any difference in the first appt? and is it possible to tell the gender at that time? i know its usually 18 - 20 weeks but just want to know if anyone else has?

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i went at that time for my first appt too. theyll do an ultrasound but wont tell you the gender. i went at 18 weeks and 4 days to find out the gender. sometimes you have a referral and go to a diff place to find out the gender.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't think it will be all that different than with your first. It's really tough to tell the gender at that time that's why they wait it off until arounf the 20th week so that the gender is more accurate.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• if ur doctor is that hard to get into, are they gonna be able to give u the best care, answer ur questions, see u in case of something important, etc? the baby is probably too small to see the gender at 14 weeks. sometimes they send u to the ultrasound technician for an anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks and they tell u the gender, but in my case they couldnt tell and i had to have my dr look.
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• no the hospital i know is good, i was there with my first daughter and it worked out fine..i think there being just really filled right now, i know for sure they do good its Mayo Clinic in MN everyone knows of it cuz its such a medical town so i know they will do good. Im just getting anxious to get to the appointment
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2008