Got a knock on the door today...

from our mail lady... Anna our 4 yr old is dealing with the loss of our dog b..y writting him pictures and sending them to heaven via the post office because she came up with the idea that they have magic stairs to heaven. The mail lady handed me the letter and said that she and her boss are gonig to deliver a book about loosing your dog to her in the next day or 2. What a great lady! I am thrilled because she played right along when Anna gave her the letter yesterday...giving her the book is going over and beyond but i am so grateful for their kindness at this time!

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pets

• God bless her and (((BIG HUGS))) to your daughter
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:38 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• Thats awesome, just goes to show there are still good people out there.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• see, it's people like that...simple acts of kindness! that's wonderful. Maybe you could do something nice in return for your mail person?
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Im a letter carrier and that touched me. Thank you, What a great carrier you have!
    Anonymous

• Aww. What a dear lady. And, how comforting, that she went along with your daughter. God bless her and her boss for being so compassionate to a litlte girl, at a time when she needs it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• That is awsome. My hubby is a postal worker and it's nice to hear that kind of story rather that the bashing they usually get. Thanks for sharing and I hope the book helps the healing process. I recently had to put a dog down due to cancer.
    Anonymous

• That is so sweet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• so there are nice kind people still out there :)...nice of your mail lady so sweet sorry for the loss of your dog :(
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 2:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wow! What a super nice and thoughtful thing to do. And Something that your daughter will remeber (if not herself then from any stories told to her about it). Its great to hear that there are people like that in the world still.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• What an awesome lady!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011