Anyone burn sage or do anything else to cleanse your home of negative energies?

My husband and I were talking about this the other day. Our babies sleeping patterns in the last couple months have become terrible. Some of it is because of things going on around them, daddy's been gone since Thanksgiving in antoher state for work. We are preparing to move in 2 weeks. My grandma died last week and right when daddy left, my parents moved into my grandparents to care for her....so that normalcy was gone for them too.
But my 15 month old maybe naps an hour. At night he is up every 2-3 hours. This has been happening for weeks! My 2 yr old sleeps in bed with me, but is awake 3-8 times a night as well.
My husband said the energy in the house may be affecting them. Hoping when we are all together again they both calm down with their lack of sleep.

I'm wondering if anyone does anything to cleanse the energies, I'm not asking for an opinion of Oh that's BS .... I want some actual input of anyone's knowledge of the topic. Thanks!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 2:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Health

• Yes. My kids and I cleanse the house (as needed). My daughter still doesn't really do much (16months), but my son (7 years) loves to help. We burn incense ("sweet Ceder" or Sage- Sweet Ceder is our favorite). I also let my son walk around the house and ring a bell (it is said to startle bad "vibes" or Spirits" away) to help purify. Other things you can try in conjunction with the sage (or cedar) is salt water. You get a glass/bowl of salt water and walk around the house and dip your fingertips into the water and "flick" it around the parimitar. Also (if you are religously comfortable with it) you can say a bedtime prayer or a bedtime spell with your little ones. (something like God and Goddess from above please keep safe the ones I love. No more nightmares this I pray, Let them sleep in peace until the new day.) Good luck And blessings.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I burn sage. I think it does cleanse. I do it in every place of residence we are in as well as if something negative happens to us. It's like meditation for your space.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 2:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I have not burned sage before. I have not had the need but, I do believe in it's use for getting rid of negative energies.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• salt. put out a salt bowl overnight in area/corners of the house you want to cleanse. throw the salt away the next.day. it's a feng shui tip to clense a home. apperantly the salt "soaks up" the negative energies. I've burned sage before too.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Burning sage is a wonderful way to clear negative energy out of your home; if you go to a Spiritual Shop, you can find sage smudgers - they can tell you where to put the sage/how often to burn it/etc. It can't hurt, and it smells really good. Much luck to you!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sage and sage incense are different, what you want is the cleansing power of the plant itself, not the smell (if that makes sense?) What you really should get is the dried plant, they even sell "smudge sticks," I bet you could find them online. I'm lucky, there are 3 shops close to me, they've helped me with all sorts of rituals.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Almost forgot - burning white candles can also help (scent free!)
    Scuba

• Yes burning sage helps. Also vacuuming helps because entities tend to lie low. I sometimes use a white sage cleansing spray which helps pretty good. But burning sage, vacuuming, music help. Some people sprinkle sea salt which is available anywhere on their carpet or put it in little plates and then throw it out the next day and put some more out. You can send me a message if you'd like.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 2:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Try the salt thing. There are unfortunately no Spiritual like shops where we live now.... I'm sure, well, positive where we are going there are.
    And is there a difference between say, Sage incense and Sage? New to learning all of this!!
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Thanks everyone!! I googled space cleansing and actually took this whole last bit of time, from when I posted it until now, to do the opening of all windows doors, everything. Even in this 20 degree weather. Put sea salt in corners. Also spread rice around perimeters. Then I vaccuumed and swept the entire house, oh I started with ringing the bell....then my 2 yr old walked around ringing it. Washing sheets now, cause what the heck, even though they were just done, what harm can it do? I also have bowls of salt in everyroom now. I will also try the salt water tonight before bed time.
    But I will continue to research and the next house we move into will be cleansed immediately and frequently. Hoping and praying it helps, for me and my babies mental health!!! Especially at night.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011