MIRENA adult content

What have you heard about the Mirena, The good the bad and the ugly. I am considering this birth control any advice would be great.

piorkowski

Asked by piorkowski at 2:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• be careful. lol i had it and "lost the string" they had to put me under and "find"it to remove it. that and it gave me cramps.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I got mirena amlost 8 months ago...the placement was a little more painful than I had expected...I was a little crampy for a couple of days and then it was fine until I had it for about 2 months. I started to get pregnancy symptoms off and on...they got so bad at one point that I took a pregnancy test...I was thinking about getting it out but the symtoms went away a couple of months ago and I have fine since. I would really love it as long as the sick feeling would stay away. Also most people stop getting their period after a couple of months although mind has lightened up a little it hasnt stopped or shortened. I should also mention that I am pretty sensitive to the hormones that are in birth control you may not have these same side effects. Had I known about paraguard, the non hormonal IUD I would have probably gone with it instead.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i have had the mirena for 2 yrs now and i think it works great. sure you get the occasional cramps but who doesn't when your on your period. the only thing i don't really like about the mirena is that it causes you to discharge. i just wear pantie liners. on a better note, it lightens your periods. which is awesome!!

Christieluv0614

Answer by Christieluv0614 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My girlfriend had sooooooooo many problems with it. She never stopped bleeding (had it almost 2 years) and she was always in pain. They checked and checked and it was properly placed but it just hurt. I think if you are looking into an IUD there are better options.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 11:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i got it after my son was born i HATED it. I had nothing but problems and it caused me alot of pain where i couldnt walk sometimes. I thought i had some problems with my c section not healing correctly but it was the mirena. I had a period for about 3 months off and on then they stopped completly and my body was acting like I was going thru mentapause. I had it taken out after a year couldnt take it anymore. You are suppose to be able to get preg right after you take it out and thats been in 2008 still not preg. Some of the fine print says it can cause fertility problems never read it until I developed fertility problems.
    MNsMOMMY2007

Answer by MNsMOMMY2007 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 15, 2011