How much water do you drink a day?

How do you accomplish it?

I read somewhere (can't remember where now) that when you're trying to lose weight, you should drink (1) ounce of water for every (2) pounds of body weight you carry, but no less than 64 ounces a day.

For me, that's over 80 ounces a day. Our office keeps bottled water in the fridge for staff and guests, so I grab one in the morning when I walk in. Everytime I drink a full bottle, I color in one of the letters on the label and go refill it from the tap. If I finish the word "arrow" in Arrowhead by bedtime, I've had 84.5 ounces of water, which is just over what I need for the day.

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 2:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Im trying to lose weight and I am uping my water intake. Which was pretty llow anyway. I hope to drink six glasses today. So far only 1.5 haha. Thank you for reminding me. :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I drink 76 ounces...Same as you, I weigh 152 so I drink 1/2 my weight in ounces. I drink unsweet, decaffinated tea to help get all my water in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I drink at least 2-3 16oz bottles a day. I don't like much else except my beer and coffee. It's easy to get used to if you keep soda out of the refrigerator and water in it.
    darter

Answer by darter at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Not as much as I should, but it is usually the only thing I drink. If anything else it's unsweetened iced tea like I'm drinking now. I'd say at least 4 glasses of water a day.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I dont work, but our family doesnt go without bottled water. We go through about 6 cases a week. I drink probably atleast 8 16oz bottles a day (not sure how much that is lol). Its easy for me to do because last year I decided to stop drinking so much caffeinated beverages and found my stress level and ability to sleep was much better. Now I focus on water and juices. I still have my coffee every morning though.

Answer by gemgem at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I drink between 1-2 gal a day. I didn't know there was an equation for water intake. Very interesting.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• you know those big Planet Fitness water bottles. the 24 ounce ones. i have at least 3 of those a day so thats 9 8 ounce cups
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Not enough thats for sure :(
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• That's clever. I like the idea of coloring in the letters! Good job. I need to drink more water, maybe my lips won't be so dry all the time. Lol
    surfngirl

Answer by surfngirl at 2:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Wow,I just did the math and I'm taking in at least 96 oz a day!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011