for those of you that are letter carriers... a question

I just posted a comment about how our letter carrier is being so helpful my daughter and her grieving process I would like to do something nice for her in return because it means sooo much to me? if someone would do this what would you like to recieve? I do plan to write her a note

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The note would be great! Then when its 125 degrees out this summer, put a bottle of ice water in the box for her, that is appreciated more then you could ever know! :)
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon. it's the little courtesies that make a big impression. Making sure your mail box is clear out when the snow comes, leaving water on a hot day, shoveling the walk and salting, when going to the post office try to be nicer to the clerks. etc etc. I would still do the note as I am sure that it would be appreciated.

Anonymous

• Gift card to a bookstore or Starbucks
    I'm not a letter carrier BTW

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would call USPS first and see what you can or can not give her. I know they can't accept money but I am not sure about gift cards. I think the bottled water in the summer is a good idea or if you see her you could make her some hot chocolate during the winter. Of course the note would be great as well. Here is the info-

We're here to help.
    Call 1-800-ASK-USPS®
    (1-800-275-8777)
    M-F - 8:00am-8:30pm ET
    Sat - 8:00am-6:00pm ET
    Sunday - Closed

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011