I just found out that I am pregnant... Should I keep the baby? adult content

My boyfriend was violent so I left. Im now living in a safe house for women. I will soon return home and find work. This is my first pregnancy and I have always been raised to never abort a baby. Is being a single mom that hard? Should I give the baby up?
Please help me.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know women that are a single parent and yes you can do it. It will not be easy but you are already a strong person, you got away from a man who abused you. You are the only one that truly knows what is best for you. I wish you luck, strength and lots of hugs.
    Anonymous

• Only you can make that decision for yourself.

But yeah, being a single parent is hard.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Do whats right for you, Sweetie. I had a "boyfriend" for 8 years.. but I raised our daughters all by myself. It's hard, but the love you feel and the kisses they give make up for it all! =)♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• That's a choice you will have to make. No one can or should make that decision for you.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Here's my thoughts.

You must, and can, only do what is right/best for you. Whatever choice you make will come along with it's own set of repercussions/consequences (for good or ill).. You must take a good honest look at yourself, and you must decide what set of repercussions/consequences you can and will live with. Whatever choice you make, will have ripple affects for the rest of your life, that's just the reality of the situation. You just have to decide what ripples you can and will live with.

Best of luck to you. I'm sure this isn't an easy situation for you or an easy choice. I'm willing to bet you never thought you would even be contemplating such a choice. However, Here you are and that is what is going on. Do not make your choice based on someone else's feelings/beliefs/desires/life. No one else is you,no one else will be living your life tomorrow, 5 months from now, 5 years from now, and so on.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Even if you can't raise your baby on your own, there are thousands of wonderful parents out there looking to adopt a baby. Please don't make a hasty decision that could hurt you for the rest of your life. So many women are haunted by the babies they never gave life to.
    Robbiesmommy83

Answer by Robbiesmommy83 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• being a mother is a hard thing to do weather u do it alone but ultimatily its ur decision to make its up to u to decide weather u feel that u want to do it.
    echokays

Answer by echokays at 2:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Only you can decide that hun! Just remember you've been giving another life to care for! Whether or not you choose to take on that responsibility is your choice.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Being a mother in general is hard. Sometimes I feel like a single mother because my husband is deployed so often, but I wouldn't change anything at all. I love my girls. You do have to make this decision for yourself, but u can do it. It may be tough, but as the other mama said, the hugs and the kisses and the "I love you mommy's" make up for it all. I am so sorry about ur situation, it has to be very overwhelming. I wish you lots of luck and I am sure everything will work out how it should.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The fact that you had the strength to get away from an abusive boyfriend shows that you are thinking clear minded. It would be hard having a child with out without the father there. I think that you should go with you heart and have this baby. There are people where you are now that will help you and just keep positive people around . Good luck on whatever you decide.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 2:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011