What do you ladies think of Ted Williams?

So, I have seen several stories about Ted Williams, the "homeless man with a golden voice." He went to school for broadcasting, got on drugs and alcohol, and now is homeless. He supposedly had been clean for 2 years, but drank daily. After a stint on Dr. Phil, he was reunited with this family. Days later, he and his daughter got into a physical fight.

Here's a link.

http://www.wendyshow.com/2011/01/13/ted-williams-checks-into-rehab/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6M704VsMJU

What do you think?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 2:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Are his 15 minutes up? No seriously, we're a society obsessed with other peoples lives. We watch too much reality tv and he is another victim in a money making scheme, Dr. Phil included.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 2:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• He had too much thrown at him too quick. Dr. Phil seems to want him to fail.
    Anonymous

• I think all the fame he is experiencing is alot to deal with and it could be hard for him having an addiction problem. I also hope that it all works out for him it would be nice to see something good happen for someone that has had the troubles he has.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I saw an interview with him where he thought the guy was going to post the video and he hoped to, at the least, get a suit for interviews. I am not sure he expected it to turn into what it has.
    Anonymous

• I want to see him make it. I hope rehab helps him beat the habits.
    KaserD

Answer by KaserD at 2:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The guy is a con artist. His family should be leary of him as should everyone else.
    Anonymous

• Dr Phil got him in rehab...I think thats the right step. He is also a VET....

Hope he gets the help he needs

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• A trip to Hollywood for appearances on "Dr. Phil" and "Entertainment Tonight" got off to a rough start for overnight internet sensation Williams. A disturbance report was made after Williams and his daughter got into a heated argument Monday at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel & Spa.

"It was minor. Both parties were angry but there were no signs of visible abuse," Los Angeles police Officer Catherine Massey said Tuesday. She said the two "were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released" and she did not know the nature of the argument.

Williams and his daughter were held at the Hollywood police station for less than an hour and they were not arrested, Massey said.

I think he has 5 kids ..hope he can turn it around

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• He has admitted he conned people out of things using his voice. I think he has some addiction issues for sure doesn't lessen the fact he is a con artist at heart. Hard for people like him to reform if they don't want to.

I have been though this with my dad. He was a con artist and walked away from us more than one time. The last time he went to prison for a long time. He came to my house to use my computer to look for work. He picked the lock to my desk and got our account numbers and a copy of my husbands signature and drained three of our accounts. I pressed charges and told him goodbye. My dad never was violent to anyone and seemed like a great guy to many. He was a bad person through and through. He would blame all his woes on drugs and alcohol but when he stole from me he was sober. You are who you are until you decide to change. I don't buy what Ted Williams is selling his family shouldn't either.
    Anonymous

• I dont like hearing grown man call their mother, MOMMY. I mean damn dude.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 3:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011