for mothers who are not with the childs father.... have you remained friends?

like real friends? i know every situation is different. just wondering.

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 2:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• We definitely get along great.. we don't like hang out or anything though.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• sidesplittinglaughterLMAO.......NO!!!!!!!

gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 2:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Nope. We don't speak, ever.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• no, my oldest has a different father than my husband. i broke up with him while i was pregnant with her, and tried to include him in her life but he didn't want to be. it was too "difficult" for him to see me and be friends.. bullshit. now we loathe eachother. she is 4 years old. my husband is her daddy as far as she's concerned. if my ex were to fall off the face of the planet tomorrow it wouldn't affect her at all, nor me.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We were. I had fallen in love with him for a reason, and just because we weren't together didn't mean those reasons had disappeared. We just wanted different things. Plus we had a child. All the more reason to make it work.

But then I learned he had molested my daughter. I learned she wasn't the first. That when he was living in Oregon he had been arrested for Sodomy, but because he was only 14, he no longer had to register.

I hate him now. We have a restraining order and the whole deal, and he moved out of state. I think a big part of the hatred is that my "best friend" turned out to be a complete monster. And now I'm doubting my instincts. I used to think I could read people. Ha.

But as you said, every situation is different.
    mrskrisher

Answer by mrskrisher at 2:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• with my duaghter me and her dad get along and eveyrhitng and me and his wife get along and he gets along with my hubby but as far as hanging out the closest we get to that is the 3 times a week we meet to switch out and we sit a talk for a while which is nice
    echokays

Answer by echokays at 2:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• While my dd was growing up we didn't have a good relationship. We were young when we had her. It wasn't like we were at war or anything, we just didn't deal with each other at all. AS my dd grew up and we did too it got better. DD is 21 now and since about 16 her dad and I have gotten along better. I now wonder why it was so hard all those years and why we couldn't have done that before. He married and had 2 kids and they have stayed the night at my house when they wanted to spend time with their sister. And we invite them to my dd's parties etc.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No we are not, he never sees our son, he forgot our sons birthday i refuse to be friens someone who acts like he doesnt have a first born son, he has two other children with someone else and completly shut my son out
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Not a chance in hell.

My ex abuser can consume fecal matter and die. That simple... He is presently in jail, no telling how long that will last.

My daughter's father simply was not mature enough to stick around for her, and I have had zero contact with him in over 9 years. I know he has 2 other children, with 2 other women, they are 3, and 7... though I can't locate him, I've heard all sorts of interesting things through the grape vine. I would be perfectly civil with him, if I could locate him. For my DD's sake, I wish I could.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• we've tried to be friends, and its just too weird. he says its too hard for him to be friends with me knowing our past. idc either way. honestly i wish hed just disappear and leave me and my son alone.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 3:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011