Should I go behind my husband's back and plan the trip or should I just leave it alone?

My husband has a friend in Colorado (Ft. Carson) that he would like to visit. He has been talking about planning a road trip out there for just me and him to visit his friend and his wife for a few days. I mentioned that we could go in February or we could go this time or that time, but he always says no, I just don't think it would be possible to have all of our schedules line up and do the trip. I have thought about calling his friend and just seeing if maybe he has a free weekend in February or another time that we could visit him. If everything lines up, I thought about going ahead and getting all the arrangements made and then telling my husband about it. Should I do that or just leave it alone?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• I think that would be a nice suprise i would call the friend see if he has a free weeked, check into your hubbys schedule and hit the road everyone needs a break sometime the weather should be better in Feb.
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If I didn't plan our trips and vacations we would never go anywhere, lol.

You know your DH best, would he be excited or does he hate surprises?
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I say do it, as long as scheduling is your DH only concern....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 2:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• go for it!!!
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• emptynstr, that's about how it is in our family. I am the one who has to bring it up, hey let's go here for a few days, etc. Honestly, though, I don't know how he is going to react to this. I know he wants to see his friend, but he is also wanting to get somethings paid down. Between our paychecks, school money, and our tax return we would be able to pay off all of our little debt plus go on the trip, but we wouldn't be able to pay any extra on his car payment. This trip will cost a little more than our other trips that we take but we have been doing so good about saving money and paying things down that I think we both deserve a little getaway with friends.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would say only do it if he wants so. If it would be me I would wait for him to make the next move since you made the first one without any answer. Just be read with travel plans when ready.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I agree with Marie. To me it sounds like he wants to go but is just lacking the motivation to plan it all out or the push to just do it already. I'd try and figure it all out yourself so that everyone is free the same time, and plan it. What's the worst that could happen?
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i would tell him that you have a weekend where you can all meet and see what he says
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If he honestly want to see his friend I say do it a little surprise will not hurt . Plus we all need some vacation time he might be a little mad at first but life is short tomorrow is never promise see your friends today in health.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011