Would you renew your vows?

I think it would be cool to renew vows on a weekend cruise on the water at sunset. Just me and my honey. What would be your romantic spot?

jen2774161

Asked by jen2774161 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• We are planning to renew our vows in 2013, on our 25th. We eloped and went to a judge's office the first time, so we'd like to have a real ceremony, in church, with all our family there.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• anywhere he is....
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 2:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes, DH and I are planning to renew our vows, hopefully for a 10th anniversary in 2013. Our wedding wasn't what we wanted, so we're going to do things our way next time.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If I were to do it.. As close to the Taj Mahal as we could pull of.

However, I'm good for 7 lifetimes.. that's enough renewal going on for me... LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• we'd probably like a tropical locale, too..but it was just the two of us (plus a 3 month-old) when we married. so, when/if we renew, we'll let everyone come to the second ceremony...and a tropical locale wouldn't be financially practical. it'd be feasible, just not practical. :)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes. DH and I got married at the courthouse in 2008 without telling anyone. So we had no family or friends in attendence. We are actually planning to renew our vows on our 5th anniversary with our family in attendence. We're just going to do a small ceremony and get someone to read the same vows to us that were read at the courthouse. And my dad has been kind of upset that he never got to walk me down the aisle, so at our vow renewal my dad and my daughter are going to walk me down the aisle to my husband. :)
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I plan to renew my vows with my hubby, we are going on 13 years married and 14 years together and are looking toward our 15th maybe 20th anni. we want to do it on the beach this year.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 2:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We are going too! We are thinking of Hawaii! Our dd wants to go there so why not?!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 2:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My hubby and i got married at a courthouse as well. I would very much love to have a small thing where family and friends could be there. Nothing huge just small and beautiful. Maybe at our park its packed pounds and beautiful flowers. But any where we are together is fine with me.
    piorkowski

Answer by piorkowski at 2:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No, I never understood the concept. It seems to me that by renewing them, you're acknowledging that the original ones don't mean anything. I really don't see the point or the need.
    Anonymous