• In the Spotlight:

In Pain send help please

I have this killer headace, now idk if I am pregnant or not like ive said b4. but I have a doctors appoinment next friday. How bad do headaces get when pregnant? and how long do they normally last? Is their anything you can do for it? please help me i had this headace for a good hour in a half....

mommy2be423

Asked by mommy2be423 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you should call the doctor. it can be a bad sign sometimes.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It may not even be related to pregnancy, sorry. Not everyone gets every symptom, some have mild ones, some have intense. It all depends on you. I drink lots of water when I have a headache and try to sleep it off...
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• First and foremost, call your doctor if it gets too bad. Be sure you're keeping hydrated, that can cause a lot of headaches and you need more water while pregnant, also be sure that you're eating enough, frequently enough. If that fails, or has failed, try taking Tylenol, seeing as it is the safest pain reliever to take during pregnancy. If things get really bad, compounded opiate-like drugs are also very safe for pregnancy as well, like hydrocodone without the acetaminophen, and you can get prescriptions for those from your doctor. I would thoroughly research anything my doctor gave me before taking it myself, especially for headaches. They have a lot of screwy migraine medications these days.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I got a lot of bad headaches while I was pregnant. Some I thought would never end. I use to not take anything because I never found Tylenol to work. But finally I couldn't take the pain anymore and I took some Tylenol and it really did help.
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 7:07 PM on Nov. 12, 2008