I just dont know what to do anymore

I figured out why being a single parent can be difficult- it's not the 4 am screams or the poopy diapers or the cost of it- it's not anything to do with him... The hardest part is that at the end of the day when I lay down n watch him sleep... I have no one to talk to.. share my joy and frustrations with.. to laugh n be excited over all the new things he's learning.. That's the hard part- Ive been a single parent for almost 4 years now, I havent gone on a date or etc...I guess I have just given up hope.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Given up hope in regards to what?

Having a relationship?
    Feeling like you are feeling at the moment?
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• There are so many hopeless people out there. You just have to find one who have the same hope less:P So you can be his or her hope and vica versa:) You can give up on life and relationship but for what cost? You can find love you just have to look for it. If you don't even try than you can't be sad. Go out and rock:) You can do it:P

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 3:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• You know I felt the same way when my son was younger. I have a 3 year old and I've been a single parent for the whole time and I felt so alone when he was younger. I think it's perfectly normal to feel that way. You kind of have to have some time for yourself to socialize with other people because getting a break from mommy mode is not only good for you but you're kid as well. I'm not saying going out and getting with someone because that isn't a good way to be. I haven't been with anyone in a couple of years too just because i want to focus on work and my son. Having a guy isn't everything and you shouldn't feel incomplete. You know you could always talk to the other single mommas on here if you want to talk, vent, or just say hey. (me included) It does get better even though you may feel alone now. All in all I just have to say hold your head up high and be proud that you're a strong single momma.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 3:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Have you tried online dating? Its worked for my friend she is remarried with a new baby. If nothing else its a way to meet people. I know its not the same but it is a start.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Why give up hope? I was a single parent and then met the most wonderful man in the world. Give it time, there is someone out there for you. NEVER give up hope.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 7:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• dont give up mama you have to have faith & patience when the time is right you will get love again if you have friends go out have a ladies night out or if your mom is near spend some time with her hang in there mama when you atleast expect it love will come your way good luck mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011