what would you do in this situation

My daughter is in kindergarten well today when she came home she had a small blue purple looking eye from the bottom of the eyelid to the lowest part of the eyebrow I and red bruising on her cheek I asked her what happened and she said a kid at school kicked her in the face at lunch but it was an accident now I didn't get a note from the teacher or a call from the school explaining all this and now I'm pissed off for not being informed I don't know if I should talk to the teacher send a note with her tommorow or go to the principle ladies whats the right way to handle this situation?????????????????

one_white_rose

Asked by one_white_rose at 6:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• i would go to the teacher first and regardless of the answer i would then go to the principle when it comes tomy daughters safety i dont play and i wouldnt let them get away with not telling you what if she had a serious eye injury then what would they do
    I hope your daughter feels better soon though
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:19 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• go straight to the principal first thing in the morning. there is no excuse for your not being notified. someone had to have noticed if it happened at lunch. i'm sure your dd cried after getting a black eye! i would be outraged at this. makes you wonder what else happens at school.......
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 6:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yeah it really does and the worst part of all of it is she said she cried and was told to stop crying and being a drama queen I'm so mad I can't see straight
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 6:52 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I'm not sure what your schedule is but If you don't usually take your daughter to school in the mornings make a point to do it the next time she goes to back. I would go directly to the teacher and calmly ask why you were not informed about your daughters accident & let them know that you are very concerned by this matter & that you hope there is a reasonable explanation. If they were aware of what happened then I would proceed to let them know how dissapointed you are in the way this situation was handled & from there I would take it up with someone above them to point out the matter. This way you gave the teacher a chance to explain or hear what happened by not accusing anyone. Poor thing..I hope your daughter is okay.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 6:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Oh I'd have a huge problem with my kindergartener being kicked in the face and then being told to stop crying like a baby! I'd make a huge deal out of it. Ugh, you moms make me feel so good about homeschooling! I'm just grateful I won't have to deal with that crap.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008