Would they know if something was wrong with the baby?

I had an ultrasound yesturday because we weren't sure how far along I was and because I have been spotting brown stuff for a couple of days. They measured the baby at 5 weeks 4 days and there was no heartbeat yet. Which she had told me we wouldn't see it yet. But she said everything looked great with the yolk sac and embryo. I thought I was farther along and is it weird that they want me to come back in one week to find a heartbeat? If the baby had stopped growing or something would they had been able to tell yesturday?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• becuz ur having spotting they prolly just wanna make sure
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• No they wouldn't know, thats why they are having you go back in a week. They will do the measurements again and see how much the baby has grown and look for a heartbeat. They will be able to tell you then if there is a problem.

I know this is driving you crazy (I have seen your other posts) but whatever is going to be will be. I don't mean that to be cruel but stressing yourself out isn't going to do you any good!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2011