I have a friend that i have liked since the first time i saw him. he wanted to make love but i did not give in. it has been over a year and he calls me before he goes to iraq. we talked for over two months and rekindled our feelings. he now asks me to wait for him and calls me from iraq. he tells me he won't waste my time. think i should wait???

waiting for a man

jsprout

Asked by jsprout at 6:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Why not? It won't hurt you to wait. Things may go somewhere, they may not. Just make sure you are prepared for either scenario. How old are you BTW? It does make a difference.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 6:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Wow, that sounds like it's right out of a romance novel! I would wait. It sounds like you two might have something. But it's up to you. You don't have to make any promises. He's your friend first. Keep in touch with him. He will need the contact over there. Then when he gets back, take it from there and see what happens.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 7:15 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I would wait. I agree with hopelessnance, it sounds like something right out of a romance novel. You say you have liked him for a long time. You didn't give in when he wanted to make love and he still wants to be with. Also hopefully they wont be iraq to much longer
    nfutter

Answer by nfutter at 7:18 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I agree with NFUTTER <3
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It wouldn't hurt. The troops are pulling out steadily and soon every last one will be home with their families where they belong. I'd wait, if he's a decent guy, I'd wait. Those are hard to come by!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• yes he prob is just upset that your there and he cant be with you so he wants you to be happy and not worried about him wait! when he gets home see how it goes
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 2:28 AM on Nov. 14, 2008