My comcast contract is up, what do you use for internet and television?

Our comcast bill with triple play and extras is 168 dollars this month! I want to drop them ASAP. Any deals out there? I'm in WA state

Asked by staciandababy at 3:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Entertainment

• I use Clearwire and pay $35 a month and that's a set price. I don't have cable or dish and it works out just fine for us.

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• that happened to us and my husband schmoozed them into restarting the 12 months with all the same benefits, try sweet talking ;)

Answer by pookipoo at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We use Time Warner - our internet, cable and phone is bundled and it runs right around $100/month, but I'm in NC so it's probably different. Call them and ask what they can do for you, sometimes if they think you are about to switch they will offer you a lower rate.

Answer by missanc at 3:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We have Dish for tv (3) and SuddenLink for internet.

Answer by dullscissors at 3:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• oh this is comcasts special price for us, its stupid

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We just pay for internet through Qwest with our phone.

No cable. No satelite.

Everything we watch is streamed through either the Xbox (netflix, zune..etc), watched on one of our computers, or is on dvd either from Neflix or the Library.

The cost of my Netflix and Xbox Gold account together is $20 a month.. All our viewing pleasure at the click of a button, low low price... lol
    (( I would be paying for internet whether we streamed or not, so I do not consider my net an extra cost, like I do Netflix/Xbox live)))

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We just switched to Cable One for phone, internet and TV, and we're paying $50 less per month than we paid ATT for internet and phone alone.

Answer by scout_mom at 3:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• we have verizon fios...switched from direct tv and we really like it so far. It is just over $100 for phone/internet/and cable including the extra HD package and 3 boxes and they have no contract. one downside is since it is digital even the phone will only work until the battery backup runs out if the power goes out. I dont believe that it is availble everywhere though but it might be worth looking into.

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I just have internet and use Netflix and as well as network websites. It's so much cheaper, even with the fastest internet our cable company offers we only pay 60 dollars a month plus the 9 dollars for Netflix, hulu is free.

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2011