How do you deal with the baby blues?

I am 40. I would really like another baby, but it isn't going to happen. Hubby doesn't want any more and it isn't realistic for me to think we will have one. So, for those moms who are done and the kids are growing up, how do you deal with the blues?

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• I just had my last 6 months ago and had a Tubal. Its hard thinking that I will never have this again but, when i am thinking that way I just remember how many wonderful things I can do with my Hubby when the kidlettes leace the nest :)
    momstepmom1471

Answer by momstepmom1471 at 7:31 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I know the feeling well. I am trying to hang on for grandchildren! I had my tubes tied with my last birth. It's bittersweet, I don't need to be pregnant again for health reasons, but I wasn't exactly completely finished with the idea of new children. I would adopt if the cost wasn't so prohibitive. Grandchildren will be coming in the next decade hopefully! I plan to be a good one too! Good luck to you!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 12, 2008