Homemade Salsa

Do ya make it? we do sometimes, LOVE it but can get pricey because of the tomatoes sooooooo good though. Need to make some soon!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I have a recipe that I make in the summer time when tomatoes are plentiful. I can it and in the winter, all I have to do is open a jar and eat it. It's fairly simple to make and very, very good!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• OMG now you got me craving it lol. Yes i make homemade salsa & we all love it but it does require allot of tomatoes. I always make sure to put enough cilantro & bananna pepers in it because those are my fave.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Oh yea! My dd has taken over the salsa making, love it!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 3:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• In the summer I grow my own stuff for it - way cheaper than buying the ingredients in the winter. Can it, eat it all winter. Yum.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I make it with a group of girls at our trailerpark in the summer, having a few cocktails of course. But we have everyone in charge of an ingrediant and then spend 3-4 hours making it. About 6-7 girls, make 90+ jars and splint them up. Its easy just time consuming but so worth it.
    laur1963

Answer by laur1963 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We make it with tomatoes and most the other stuff fresh from our garden in the summer so pretty cheap here. We can it and open it up whenever we want some.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Yes, but only in the summer.

As Louden Wainright, III said "there are only two things that money can't buy, and that's true love and home grown tomatoes"

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• oh good idea nannyb! i know i am so craving it too! we make a huge bowl & it doesn't last long oh we need to make some soon!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• good idea laur1963 sounds like fun if cocktails are involved!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011