Religons (sensative- and please no bashers- no judgments)

My parents didn't raise my brother and I with any specific religion. We didn't go to church on a normal basis. If we wanted to go we could. And we would sometimes with relatives. But we also were not disuaded from going. I have been to Catholic, Christian, Luthern, Methodist, Morman and Unatarian churches. I am grateful to my parents for allowing us to find our own way (with help if asked for).
Are you raising your child with certin beliefs, or a certin religon? Or are you going to let them choose their own when they get older.

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My DH is Christian, I am Pagan, our children are free to find and follow whatever path they so choose. It's not up to us, and we don't believe it should be. We are not TEACHING any religion, but we are allowing them to participate in our activities should they choose to, and we are doing our best to expose them to both of our faiths as well as others through stories & myths in an effort to give them the best chance to find their own path when they are ready.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my husband was raised catholic, I was raised methodist... I see them as basically the same with the catholic church having more rules. I have fallen in love with the catholic church and have a huge respect for the traditions. We are raising the kids catholic but I have ALWAYS told them that when they are adults if they find that their heart lies else where, that I would support a conversion IF they did research first knew what they were getting into and did it of their own volition and not because of a boy/girl.

But I have always been of the mind that we are all praying to the same entity... that we have different paths but all end up in the same place... even those religions that go to war against each other... I believe will find out in the end that they were praying to the same higher power... that the sins on earth were to be a learning process.

Anonymous

• We are raising ds in our beliefs. When he's an adult, and out of our house, his choice is on him.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I am raising my child with Christian beliefs, in a Southern Baptist church. Of course when they get older they will have to question for themselves and make decisions about their beliefs, but in our house we go to church on Sunday mornings and evenings as a family.

Answer by missanc at 3:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I am raising my kids in the Catholic church, but they are free to explore whatever beliefs they want to. My oldest is attending Catholic school, but researching different Pagan paths as well.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 4:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We are raising our children without religion.  Their spiritual path is their choice. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We have visited all kinds of churches and raise our kids with morals and values over a specific religion. When they are older if they find one that fits with them, that's wonderful.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I'm not raising them with anything. If their daddy want to start raising them on a certain belief then he's welcomed. I would rather wait till they are old enough to choose their own but I wouldn't care either way. I'm an Atheist but I won't raise my kids under my beliefs.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• my kids can choose what to believe in when there older
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 3:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• They will know what we believe but they will also know others believe differently and thats alright.
    They can ask questions and attend church with their grandma or friends when they are older if they wish.

Personally, its hard to not be the first influence in what your kids see spiritually BUT its up to you to encourage questions and learning about the differences that exist when they start asking those questions and NOT force your belief and only your belief down their throats or make them fear knowing differences.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011