how think my docter is right?

So i first of all i am 37 weeks pregnant sorry. i went in for a scople were they look down there with a scope incase some of u might not know what it is. anyways he turned around and told me im going to delivier within a week and thats all he said o and i asked why he said because of the way it looks down there??????? i havnt had any contractions exept small ones in my hip area and that imdilated to a 3 but i just dont get why he would tell me that what kind of evidence tells him ill delivier within a week?

jumeaca

Asked by jumeaca at 3:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• have you been having problems? get a second opinion is my advice...dilated to 3 is not good so soon though. good luck:)
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i just dont get what evedence he has to tell me this. he could have maybe said u migh deliver within a week due to this that and the other. i know its not that big of a deal realy but i mean why? has anybody else gon threw this n ur docter was right or wrong. ad no problems during pregnancy perfact pregnancy so far
    jumeaca

Comment by jumeaca (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If you are only 27 weeks pregnant and dialated to 3 already you should probably be on some kind of bedrest at the least...I would find a new dr. There are signs that a dr. can look for to try to predict if your body is getting ready for delivery but there is really no way to know for sure... I was dialated 4 for over a month before I finally had my son.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• He told you this because doctor's think they are god and can control these things. A friend was at 3 at 36 weeks and didn't deliver until 41 weeks and there was no cause for concern. That is precisely why I refused all internal exams until I was in transition and knew I was having the baby within a few hours. I was 6 at that point and was holding my son about 2 hours later. By scope do you mean ultrasound?
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• well now that you have changed it to 37 weeks rather than 27...you dont need the bedrest but the doctor still can't really tell for sure when you will deliver unless he is inducing you. He can make an educated guess but it I wouldnt count on it.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011