If you didn't spend thousands on your wedding...

do you feel like you got gypped? If you did spend thousands do you still think it was worth it?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 3:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Money & Work

• My wedding was small and simple and I loved it. I wouldn't have had it any other way. Do what makes you happy, though. If you want small and intimate, do it, but if you have always dreamed of a huge wedding then small and intimate isn't going to make you happy.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My wedding was at the courthouse, so it didn't cost more than $100 total including the license. I don't feel like I missed out on anything.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We did JOP and sometimes I do wish I had the whole small wedding thing but I'm happy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We spent thousands... but not like THOUSANDS of thousands. Our wedding was about $7,000 total including everything from the venue to the dress to the food and back again. I don't regret any of our decisions. We spent the most money on the things we were most interested in (pictures, primarily) and found other items we could cut back on or pinch pennies with (a friend did our video, for instance). I'm happy with how we handled it. :)
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We spent $15 and I feel blessed.
    Anonymous

• we spent 200 bucks on ours plus gas to get to Laughlin and back and it was OK...I wish we had found a way to actually have a party when we got back to town for everyone, but it never happened
    we were very very broke- paid for the wedding with the tax return
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• LOL We spent like $50 on our wedding (cost of marriage license + what my dad gave his pastor friend who married us, which was like $15 or $20, I think). My mom, dad, aunt, her husband, my fiance (now husband), myself the pastor and his wife were the only people there because we basically eloped. We were supposed to have a "real" wedding within a year or two after that, but that still hasn't happened. When we do, though, we'll have two ceremonies. One will be a handfasting with just some very close friends, and the other will be a "real" wedding with everyone who wants to come. Total, those will probably cost us about $1,000 (that's for both ceremonies, plus attire, etc.), unless I have my handfasting dream dress, then it will be a little more probably. I do feel gypped, but that's because of DH.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We spent about $1500. We had a lovely wedding and I couldn't have been happier with it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• We spent about $11000, but over $7000 of that was on the reception--it was at a really cool BBQ place and everyone still talks about how good the food was and how much fun it was. I'm still very happy with it, and would do it all again, with a few minor changes that wouldn't affect the amount of money we paid....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• With my first marriage we spent about $3500 total...it was at a nice wedding banquet/restaurant where it was catered, open bar, this was the most of the budget, but the dress, flowers, tux's, favors, cake, dj, etc was all within that $3500 budget as well and it was a beautiful wedding (the marriage is another story)

My second wedding only cost us the license, we eloped in my mother living room.....and she did the ceremony (she's a minister)
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2011