How "open" minded are you...?

If your child was interested in learning about paganism/wicca would you be angry, upset or would you allow them to research. If they chose paganism or wicca as their choice of beliefs would you be okay with that? When they are still living under your roof? When they are out on their own?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am open minded enough to buy the books for them. Probably read through them myself if I haven't already. I would be proud he/she is expanding his/her horizons and questioning everything.
    Anonymous

• absolutely. i'm not a wiccan but i think its a very cool religion and i wouldn't mind my daughter studying it or embracing it. religion is her decision
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• My kids can practice pretty much any belief they want besides satanism or what ever it is and FLDS. I've read up on that they would have to be on their own for that but anything else they are welcomed to practice.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Fine with me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would think it was wonderful. And I would encourage my child to follow their bliss...whatever it is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would help them do research and if they chose that path I would be admittedly a little disappointed but would support their choice. I can't force them to be Christian I can only lead them in that direction. The choice in the end is theirs and I have to accept who they are. It wouldn't change who they are as a person. there are a great many people who are not christian who are still GOOD people.
    Anonymous

• mommy of two have you actually studied the church of satan. its not even worship of satan so much as its worship of sexual freedom. satan just happens to be the mascot in a matter of speaking because it is the opposite of the God religions that tell you sex is bad, in fact they pretty much tell you everything thats pleasurable is bad
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I encourage him to learn about most anything he wants to.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Well, considering I'm a Pagan Witch, of course I'd be ok with it, but I would very strongly encourage them to really do their homework before jumping into it. That applies to ANY religion, though, not just Wicca or Paganism. I don't care about other people's religious affiliations, even my child's. So long as my child is happy and has researched whatever religion they decide to follow, I'm perfectly ok with it, no matter what the religion is. When DD is old enough, I intend to educate her about the basics of as many different faiths as possible so that as she matures, she can figure out what feels true and right for her. If she decides to become a Christian, I'm perfectly ok with that so long as she is respectful. Again, that applies to any religion she picks.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• fine here- in fact a couple years ago my daughter thought this was going to be for her and I was fine with it...

she is 17 now and her ideas have changed some but as long as she is not hurting people and she is happy- I'm happy
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2011