Wedding Question

Have you ever gotten a wedding invite and skipped the wedding and gone just to the reception? My brothers fiance says she is expecting 50 to 75 at ceremony but 200 or so at reception because it is common for people to just come to reception..I can't imagine doing that. She said this is what happened at her sisters wedding. Would you just show up at reception?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• Ive never heard of such a thing since the wedding MIGHT last 30 mins.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• TACKY TACKY TACKY!

The point of the wedding IS the ceremony.... not the party.  If I were her I would be HUGELY offended. 

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• hell yeah. i don't want to be that lady with the 3 year old asking all the loud questions during the quiet parts.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I would never do that. It's just plain rude!!
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 4:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Sometimes only close family or super close family friends are invited to the wedding and EVERYONE is invited to the reception. Check your invite to make sure your invited to both. Chances are, they really want you there if you were invited to the wedding.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 4:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Unless we are apart of the wedding...trust me i would be doing them a favor.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 4:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• I think that is horribly tacky!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• OH.... unless the difference in number is because of young children.

but still that would only account for a small number of extras.... not 4 times as many.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• The invitations are all the same. Everyone is invited to both..she says it is jsut normal for more people to come to the reception. I can see a few stragglers coming to reception but not MOST the people.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• Absolutely, it happens all the time, especially if you invite alot of people. My neice invited 300 ppl and they all did not show up for the ceremony. But more showed up for the reception. My wedding was small less than 100 ppl and everyone showed up to the ceremony. People have all kinds of good reasons not to attend the ceremony, such as when you invite your office to the wedding most only go to the reception or people with small children they don't want to bring them and they need to get a sitter so they only go to the reception etc. etc. It is nothing to be offended by and it happens alot.
    Anonymous