troubles gaining weight?

I am 6 months pregnant with my second baby and im having a hard time gaining weight. I was underweight before i even got pregnant but now that i am im trying everything i can to gain the right amount of weight. I just went to the doctors the first of the month and she said iv lost weight. My morning sickness is gone and has been for about 3 months now so thats not the problem. I dont know if anyone knows of any tricks or secrects to weight gain id love any advice possible. Im already a high risk prenancy i dont want my low weight to cause any other problems.

relax2283

Asked by relax2283 at 4:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Is your doctor concerned that you haven't gained weight? If he hasn't said anything, then you're probably ok, if she has, she should be able to give you resources on how to gain weight or send you to a dietitian.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• i had this problem and I had to drink ensure everyday for breakfast until my weight picked up. no matter what I ate I was not gaining weight.
    lsa0919

Answer by lsa0919 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2011

• If the baby is doing fine you don't need to be worried. Most weight gain occurs in the last month or two. I gained 15 total and baby was perfectly healthy. My friend never did gain and her baby was healthy too.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:22 AM on Jan. 14, 2011

• I had that problem with both of mine and they came out just fine, if both you and the baby are healthy I wouldn't worry too much.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 14, 2011

• have him check ur thyroid level... mine was .2 when they first told me im pregnant and im 24 weeks and only gained 6 lbs! he is planning on checking mine again at 28 weeks
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 4:01 PM on Jan. 14, 2011